With snow gripping the UK right now it was time to raid the cupboards and see what I could rustle up. If you are a regular visitor to my blog then you’ll know how much I love comfort food and never need an excuse to cook something up.
- Pack of minced beef or lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tin of red kidney beans
- 1 tin of chopped tomotoes
- 1 pack of chilli con carne spices (available from any supermarket)
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to pan
- Brown onion with salt, pepper and chopped garlic
- Add mince meat and brown
- Add tin of tomatoes and spice mix
- Rinse red kidney beans and add to pan
- Cook on a medium heat for a couple of hours to let flavours infuse
- Serve with white rice and vegetables of your choice
All photography taken with my iphone5, imagery belongs to Lilo Loves.