I love making soups and it’s even better when I have some food hanging around the fridge, I always manage to muster up a soup recipe from some odds and ends. This pepper soup recipe is made from leftovers, so volumes can be adapted to depending on what ingredients you have available and can also be portioned up and frozen.
- 4 or more peppers (any colour will do)
- 6 or more potatoes (any kind or amount will do)
- 1 stock cube, with boiled water (volume to suit)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cube peppers and potatoes, with oil add to heated pan
- Boil water and add stock cube, add to pan and add additional water if required
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- When ingredients are softened remove from heat and blend with hand blender, to a consistency that suits
- Serve with toasted and buttered whole wheat pitta bread (or portion and freeze)
All photography taken with my iphone5, imagery belongs to Lilo Loves.